Growing up, I was surrounded by smart people. I assumed I was just lucky with the quality of friends and family I had in my life. Turns out, it's the region where I lived -- D.C. is a town full of smarty pants!
To determine where the most educated Americans are putting their degrees to work, WalletHub compared 150 of the largest metropolitan cities across 11 metrics such as quality of public school system, percentage of residents with graduate degrees or higher and gender education gap.
10 Most Educated Cities
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Washington, DC
- San Jose, CA
- Durham, NC
- San Francisco, CA
- Madison, WI
- Boston, MA
- Austin, TX
- Seattle, WA
- Bridgeport, CT
How D.C. Stacks Up
- 2nd – % of Bachelor’s Degree Holders
- 2nd – % of Graduate or Professional Degree Holders
- 4th – Education Equality Index Score
- 7th – % of Associate’s Degree Holders or College-Experienced Adults
- 22nd – Avg. Quality of Universities
- 31st – Quality of Public School System
- 32nd – % of High School Diploma Holders
- 49th – Gender Education Gap (Women vs. Men)
You can learn more from the full report here.