Single Washingtonians may strongly disagree with this info (cough cough I do), but according to a study done by WalletHub.com, Washington, D.C. is the ninth best 'state' for singles.
More than 45 percent of all U.S. adults are single, so Wallethub's data teams compared all 50 states and the District of Columbia across 23 indicators of dating friendliness. Some of indicators include “share of single adults” to “movie costs” to “nightlife options per capita.”
Here's how D.C. stacked up:
- 1st - Highest share of single adults
- 27th - Most online dating opportunities
- 1st - Most mobile dating opportunities
- 50th - Gender balance of singles
- 31st - Online dating participation
- 1st - Number of restaurants per 1,000 residents
- 1st - Number of attractions
Here are the top 10 states:
- South Dakota
And don't worry Virginia and Maryland we didn't forget about you! Out of all the states, Virginia came in at number 29 for the best states for singles and sorry Maryland, but you are pretty far behind at number 42.
To view the entire study, click here.