We are all guilty of it: a friend asks a question and we don't have an answer, so what do we say? "I don't know, just Google it."
But have you ever thought about all the things you Google? Or all the things your neighbor is Googling? Or what your Google history says about you? Nope... don't go down that road. Lucky for you, Estately just published a map of what question each state Googles more frequently than any other state.
Using Google Autocomplete, they compiled hundreds of the most common questions Americans type into the Google search bar, ran those searches through Google Trends and determined which state queried each of these selected searches the most over the past 12 years.
The results are... how do we say this... entertaining? While we are definitely concerned for some states (looking at you Arkansas, South Dakota and Minnesota) others made us literally LOL. But what are we Googling?
- D.C.: When is Ramadan? / Where is Obama today?
- VA: Why is Virginia for lovers? / What is emo?
- MD: Is Joe Flacco elite? / Did O.J. do it? / Who unfollowed me? / Who runs the world? / When is it going to snow? / Why do I owe taxes?
And with no criteria or explanation whatsoever, here are the five best questions states are Googling:
- Iowa: Do penguins have knees?
- Texas: Where is the Internet?
- Idaho: Is Ted cruz the Zodiac Killer?
- Hawaii: What is the meaning of life?
- Florida: Why does everyone hate Florida?
Check out the map above and here for each state's Most Googled Question.