Who is dreaming about a little snow in August? Well, the team at the National Harbor are about to make your dreams a reality!
This August, National Harbor and Peterson Companies will introduce Harbor Dome, the DMV's newest special events venue. The dome launches Friday, August 18 as Harbor Dome: Summer Snow Globe. This one-of-a-kind space will accommodate 500 guests inside, and an additional 300 outside.
“The space offers us an opportunity to showcase the different ways in which we can produce special events,” said Rachel Ball, Director of Events & Business Development for National Harbor. “We look forward to activating Harbor Dome throughout the year with exciting, surprising programming and think Summer Snow Globe is the perfect way to kick it off.”
Harbor Dome will give DMV residents the perfect way to escape the summer heat and relax at a chill 64 degrees. The fully functional snow globe will operate as a bar and lounge with nightly entertainment. You can expect to sip on craft cocktails, listen to live music and witness real snow. There will be regular dustings of snow falling from the ceiling to simulate winter in August and those who find it too chilly inside can step right outside to play a round of snowball cornhole.
Harbor Dome: Summer Snow Globe will open to the public for twelve days only.
- Friday, August 18: 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday, August 19: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. (White Ford Bronco show)
- Sunday, August 20: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. (Magic Giant show)
- Thursday, August 24: 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Friday, August 25: 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday, August 26: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m. (Sir Sly show)
- Sunday, August 27: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31: 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Friday, September 1: 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday, September 2: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday, September 3: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday, September 4: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Harbor Dome: Summer Snow Globe is a 21 and over space, and regular admission is $10.00. Admission to live music events is $25 and tickets can be pre-purchased at Eventbrite.