Summer isn’t over quite yet. With 7 weeks left, that leaves plenty of time to do all the fun and exciting things here in our nation's capital.
We have put together a Summer Bucket List, that is the perfect guide to ensure that you don’t miss out on all this city has to offer.
1. Go to a drive in movie at Union Market.
3. Paddleboard or Kayak your way down the Potomac River.
4. Rent a bike and explore the city in a new way.
5. Head over to National Harbor one evening and ride the Capital Wheel.
6. Enjoy an outdoor movie.
7. Rock out at the 930 Club.
8. Go to every Smithsonian Museum. All for free!
9. Visit the pandas at the National Zoo.
10. See the monuments at night (or sunset).
11. Take a hike at Rock Creek Park.
12. Get a doughnut that is “out of this world” from Astro Doughnuts.
13. Watch the planes fly right over you at Gravelly Point.
14. Grab a Brew at the Zoo, and enjoy more than just animals.
15. Go to Jazz in the Garden one Friday, and enjoy some good music even better cocktails.
16. “Stay Classy” and stop by the Will Ferrell Themed pop up bar on H Street.
17. Embrace your inner khaleesi, and hangout at the Game of Thrones pop up bar in Shaw.
18. Take a break from the city and head out to Maryland or Virginia for the day. (We recommend Front Royal, VA)
19. Relive the 90s and go to White Ford Bronco Show.
20. Cool off from the DC heat and have a pool day.
21. Go to a rooftop bar, and get an amazing view of the city.
22. Go to the Newseum and experience D.C.'s amazing view of The Hill - while you're there, check out "Louder than words: Rock, Power and Politics."
23. “Wright on the Walls” at the National Building Museum's new exhibit.
24. Experience Broadway D.C. style, and see Cabaret at the Kennedy Center.
25. Skip the tourists and grab a cupcake at Baked & Wired.
26. Read a book at the Library of Congress.
27. Day drink at one of D.C.s many beer gardens. (Our personal favorite is Dacha Beer Garden).
28. Catch some local talent at Songbyrd.
29. Make a wish at Yoko Ono’s Wish Tree for Washington Exhibit at the Hirshhorn.
30. Grab some friends and try to track down all the House of Cards filming locations.
31. Wait in line for more than an hour for either Rose's Luxury, Little Serow or Bad Saint.