Online shopping is TAKING OVER THE WORLD. You can practically buy anything online these days without standing in a physical store - and in some cases, being embarrassed by what you are purchasing.
To see what American's are shopping online for, Estately used Google Trends to compile a list of what items each state shopped online for with more frequency than all other states during the past 12 months.
The results are HILARIOUS, and in some cases - very strange.
As for our fair region, here is what Washingtonians, Virginians and Marylanders search for when shopping online:
- Bowling Shirt (as long as they have monogrammed names on the pocket, we're on board)
- Shutter Shades (DC collectively saying "get outta my bizness!")
- Comfort Wipe (I have questions Maryland...)
- Bacon Soda (do I even want to know what this is??)
- Cargo Pants (perhaps Maryland is throwing a giant 90s party with Virginia and needs all the cargo pants and puka shell necklaces??)
- Cargo Pants for Women (because, equality)
- Thighmaster (Summer bodies are made in Winter)
- Bacon of the Month (see this we understand, Virginia!)
- Hip Flask (like the Boy Scouts say, always be prepared!)
- Choose your own adventure books (now this sounds like fun)
- Puka shell necklace (psst... Virginia... 1993 called and they want their puka shell necklace back!)
- Bulk supplements (this is what Costco is for Virginia)
- Legal steroid (leave it to Virginia to make things weird...)
- Pet clothes (and then you redeem yourself VA!)
But to be fair, it gets weirder.
Idaho is doing some deep cleaning with their Shamwows, Nebraska is in the market for jorts (jean shorts), Oklahoma is buying zombie survival kits (because you know, zombies), Tennessee is losing its hair and covering it up with toupees, Minnesota is working on their facial hair game by sculpting with Mustache Wax, Mississippi can't stop ordering coffins, Alabama is losing control with their adult diapers, Florida is getting crazy in the kitchen with their Guy Fieri Cookware, and Texas is feeling lazy with their motorized kayaks! (PS: Isn't that just a boat?)
Anyways...The list goes on and on and does not disappoint. It's gooooood.