Grab your popcorn and a blanket and get ready for movie night under the stars, as Union Market's drive-in movies are back for the seventh season. The first Friday of every month from May 11 through November 2, a flick ranging from box office hits like Black Panther to throwbacks like Clueless and Cool Runnings will be projected onto Union Market's parking lot wall.
The good news for the many Washingtonians living a car-free life is that walk-ups who wish to view the movie from the picnic area are FREE, while movie viewers with cars will pay $10 (one fee covers everyone in the car). All movies kick off around sunset, but get there early to snag primo seats, and enjoy some pre-show activities. The DC Rollergirls will also be wheeling around to serve snacks and beverages. See the full schedule below.
Union Market 2018 Drive-in Series Schedule
- Friday, May 11: Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark -- Archaeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the U.S. government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.
Lot opens at 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 8:15, Film begins 8:30, Film ends at 10:25, Rated PG
- Friday, June 1: Clueless -- A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil’s popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.
Lot opens at 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 8:30, Film begins 8:45, Film ends at 10:20, Rated PG-13
- Friday, July 6: Like Water for Chocolate (Spanish language, English subtitles) -- When tradition prevents her from marrying the man she loves, a young woman discovers she has a unique talent for cooking.
Lot opens at 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 8:30, Film begins 8:55, Film ends at 10:20, Rated R
- Friday, August 3: Black Panther -- T’Challa, the King of Wakanda, rises to the throne in the isolated, technologically advanced African nation, but his claim is challenged by a vengeful outsider who was a childhood victim of T’Challa’s father’s mistake.
Lot opens at 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 8:15, Film begins 8:45, Film ends at 11:00, Rated PG-13
- Friday, September 7: The Lion King --A Lion cub crown prince is tricked by a treacherous uncle into thinking he caused his father’s death and flees into exile in despair, only to learn in adulthood his identity and his responsibilities.
Lot opens at 6:00, Lot closes promptly at 7:30, Film begins 8:00, Film ends at 9:30, Rated G
- Friday, October 5: Cool Runnings -- When a Jamaican sprinter is disqualified from the Olympic Games, he enlists the help of a dishonored coach to start the first Jamaican Bobsled Team.
Lot opens at 5:30, Lot closes promptly at 7:45, Film begins 8:15, Film ends at 9:55, Rated PG
- Friday, November 2: Hocus Pocus -- After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to their reign of terror once and for all.
Lot opens at 5:30, Lot closes promptly at 7:45, Film begins 8:00, Film ends at 9:50; Rated PG
All films shown with closed captions in the Union Market parking lot, 1309 5th Street NE