Summer days at the beach are upon us, which means it is time to start taking care of your skin! And why spend money on expensive face masks and spa treatments when you can head into your kitchen and whip up one just like you can get at your local beauty store.
I searched the wonderful world of Pinterest and came up with my five favorite DIY face masks for oily, dry or acne prone skin. Also, if you are just looking for a nice healthy glow or exfoliation, I found that for you too!
For oily skin:
- 3 teaspoons banana
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Combine the ingredients until they form a smooth paste.
- Apply to your face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. Repeat once a week.
For dry skin:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mash the avocado until it's smooth
- Blend in the honey and coconut oil
- Apply to face and leave on for 15 minutes
- Rinse with warm water
For acne prone skin:
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- De-stem the strawberries and put them into a blender.
- Add lemon juice, brown sugar and honey. Blend until a paste is made. (If the paste is too watery, add a teaspoon of flour)
- Apply mask to face for 10 minutes and remove with a warm wet washcloth.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- Mix the brown sugar and virgin coconut oil together to form a scrub.
- Apply to face and gently rub in circular motions.
- Leave on for about 3 minutes and wash off with warm water.
For a healthy glow:
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with half a cup of honey
- Apply to the face and leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse with warm water followed by cool water, then moisturize