We get it, being healthy isn’t always fun. Treadmills can be boring, eating broccoli gets repetitive and weightlifting is intimidating. What if we told you that for one day, being healthy would also mean having a blast -- and raising money for diabetes education, programs, research and advocacy?
Game On Greater Washington happens on October 22nd at FedExField, and this one-of-a-kind festival has something for the entire family, all day long.
For the kids, a designated Kids Zone with balloon artists, carnival games and an inflatable bounce and slide, among many other activities.
For the adults, a Health and Wellness Expo, live music, food and a chance to meet some former Washington Redskins players Fred Smoot and Shawn Springs.
For everyone, the many incredible, heart-pumping, adrenaline rushing, too-much-fun experiences, include:
- Rock climbing wall – 32 feet of vertical challenges
- Zipline – What does the world look like from three stories up?
- Over the Edge - Rappel 120 feet down the side of FedEx Field.
- Xtreme Obstacle Course – Test your speed, agility and balance with the XOC.
- Hamster ball track – Take a solo spin or race your buddies down the inflatable track.
- Extreme Air Inline – Jump 25 feet in the air and bust out the best backflip of your life.
- Hippo Chow Down – The human version of “Hungry Hungry Hippos.” It’s hilarious, trust us.
- The Big Baller – Test your balance by hopping across huge red balls to get to the other side. Try not to wipe out!
We told you – there are a ton of activities for everyone. The festivities begin at 9 a.m. and end at 5 p.m., so join the fun!
Entrance to the Kids’ Zone, the Health and Wellness Expo and the live musical performances are free. Grab an MVP wristband to experience nearly all the interactive activities (rock climbing wall, hamster ball track, extreme air inline, hippo chow down and big baller; Zipline, Xtreme Obstacle Course and Over the Edge are a separate ticket), and support the American Diabetes Association in the fight against diabetes.
To learn more about GAME ON! Greater Washington and to purchase your tickets or wristbands visit diabetes.org/gameon.