Lets face it -- we all love heading to the spa and indulging every once in awhile. Besides the amazing treatments, there is something about the calming feeling the interior and the heavenly scents that fill the air that add to the relaxation. Here are a few tips and tricks to bring that spa feeling home into your bathroom!
1. Remove the clutter.
- The most important thing to remember is there is NEVER clutter in a spa: think zen and minimalistic.
- Use beautiful baskets and bowls to hold luffas, toilet paper, hair dryers, lotions etc. but don't just leave things lying around
- Collect soaps when you travel, unwrap them and store them in an apothecary jar. Remember, it is about function AND design.
2. Decorate with neutrals.
- Calming hues will instantly relax you as you walk into your bathroom.
- Incorporate interesting textures into your neutral decor to keep the space feeling fresh and interesting.
3. Ditch the kitschy shower curtain.
- Buy two curtains you would hang in your living room, hang them floor to ceiling, one on each side of your shower. By hanging them from floor to ceiling, you will visually make your bathroom feel much larger than it is! Finally, get a clear or opaque plastic shower curtain to keep the water in the tub and you have instantly upgraded the space.
4. Upgrade your wash cloth situation.
- Instead of your typical run of the mill washcloth, opt for luxurious luffas and pumice stones that will leave your skin feeling fresh and exfoliated.
5. Say goodbye to mismatched shampoo and conditioner bottles.
- Buy two soap dispensers and fill them with your shampoo and conditioner; this will immediately make your shower feel like you were at the spa.
6. Have fun with your bathmat and keep your feet happy!
- Try a cedar bath mat. It is sculptural and when you get out of the shower with wet feet, you will instantly get a wonderful aroma of fresh cedar.
- Another great option is a natural moss bathmat or smooth river stones.
7. Invest in luxurious towels.
- This is one area to splurge. There is nothing more luxurious than the feeling of a oversized soft terry cloth towel.
- Buy the same colored towels so when you stack them together they visually look more pleasing to the eye than an array of different colored towels.
- Try white towels, as they are so easy to keep clean because you can bleach them.
8. Wrap yourself in comfort.
- Always have an oversized robe and soft slippers at the ready as soon as you get out of shower or tub.
9. Remember the power of the RIGHT kind of scent in your bathroom!
- One of the most incredible senses is smell: the right kind of candle can instantly calm you after a long day. Always keep one handy.
- Keep a deodorizing spray on hand. Try wrapping it in burlap to hide the ugly can.
With these easy tips your bathroom will easily become the perfect spa getaway. The best part is you don’t even have to leave your home to indulge in some serious relaxation!