There’s lots to love about the home at 1215 Florida Avenue, from its prime location to its roomy interior. What makes it really special however is the way the whole property was designed to delight the person inhabiting it. High-tech integrations combine with thoughtful design details and charming original features to deliver a comfortable, convenient experience.
Read on for property highlights or check out the gallery to get inspired by this gorgeous renovation. Actually in the market for a home of your own? Stop by the Open House this Sunday between 1 and 4 p.m. to see it for yourself!
The High Tech
The technology integrations at 1215 Florida Avenue are truly impressive and they’re all controllable by smart phone. They include:
- The Family Hub by Samsung, which lets you plan meals, coordinate family schedules and even entertain, helping you organize your home and life (a.k.a. a smart fridge).
- Ring, the security and notification system.
- Nest for climate control.
- Kitchen appliances that can be controlled via smart phone.
- Bluetooth-capable bathroom sound systems (ideal sound system for in-shower singing).
- USB plugs in most outlets.
- A four-zone home audio system that includes the backyard.
- The Philips Hue app controls lighting throughout the home and allows you to change and customize mood lighting. For example, if you would like lighting to mimic a sunrise when you wake up, simply open up the app and press that "mood" setting for whatever room you’re in.
Convenience, piece of mind, customizability – the best thing about these tech integrations is the real benefits they deliver.
The High Style
There are original exposed brick walls in the living room as well as one of the bedrooms, and one bedroom has an accent wall of wood paneling that references the paneling in the back yard. Throughout the home, the finishes tie together in this way to create a harmonious and relaxing environment.
The other main design feature in the backyard is the flip-open window that connects it with the kitchen to make for easy entertaining. Combine that with the sound system and customizable lighting, and you have the recipe for a heck of a party.
The master suite on the top level is also full of thoughtful design choices. There are windows in both the bedroom and the spacious mater bathroom. The two are connected by a walk-through closet of epic proportions and the whole space is broken up by barn doors which add a rustic, breezy feel and maximize space.
The walk-through closet area is a revelation in its own right. Built-in recessed cubbies provide extra storage space and a wet bar area makes convenient cocktails just a few steps away from the bed or the giant bathtub. In the bathroom, that sculptural detached tub, walk-in shower with body jets and generous double vanity create a spa-like atmosphere. This is truly a place to recharge.
If you aren’t familiar with the H Street neighborhood, you should be. Recent efforts to revitalize have installed everything from fun restaurants like Ben’s Chili Bowl and Taylor Gourmet to hip bars featuring quirky craft cocktails and live music. There’s also a fabulously convenient Whole Foods Market and plenty of unique shops to peruse. One thing is for sure – you’ll never be bored living in this lively part of town.