Sure, summer is on the way out, which means back to school and back to regular work hours, if you were one of the lucky receivers of "Summer Fridays." But, there is still time to book a getaway. If you are looking for one more relaxing vacation this Summer -- and are willing to splurge -- Saint-Tropez has a lot to offer.
I recently spent some time in this quaint coastal town on the French Riviera, which is a little more than 60 miles West of Nice, and was in absolute heaven. So, take my advice and book these reservations now!
Where to Stay
La Reserve Ramatuelle: If you are craving both privacy and luxury, book your stay at La Reserve Ramatuelle. This gorgeous five-star hotel sits high up on a hill with panoramic views of the Mediterranean. A quiet place away from Saint-Tropez, the city is just a 10-minute shuttle from the hotel. All the rooms boast beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea, but if you want the most stunning views from your room, make sure to ask to be placed in the main building.
What to do
- Visit the famous beach of Le Club 55: At Le Club 55, you will rub shoulders with the rich and famous as you lounge beachside. Make sure you have a reservation well in advance for both a beach spot and lunch (go for the earlier seating as the service at the second seating will seem like an eternity while you stare longingly at the beach). If you are looking to do a bit of beachside shopping, Le Club 55 offers the cutest beach boutique. However, don’t be fooled by the weathered driftwood facade and sand floor -- all the gorgeous merchandise comes with a hefty price tag. For example, $45 just for sunscreen!
- Charter a private yacht or sailboat for the day: The crystal clear Mediterranean beckons you at every turn and there is no better way to experience and understand why people flock to the south of France than by spending a day on a boat exploring the coastline. Countless beaches are accessible by boat, but make sure to do your research before swimming up to one, as some are fully nude!
- Shop: Don’t forget your wallet. Saint-Tropez offers incredible shopping that ranges from incredibly high-end designers to cute boutiques. The narrow streets can quickly become crowded. If you are in need of some serious retail therapy, make sure to arrive in town right when the stores open.
- Visit Provence: One of the highlights of visiting the South of France in the summertime is getting lost amongst the endless sea of lavender and sunflowers in Provence. The rolling hills of Provence with clay-roofed villages tucked into the valleys are something that can’t be missed.
Where to eat
- La Voile: If you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, reserve a table at La Voile at La Reserve Ramatuelle just before sunset. This Michelin starred restaurant will tantalize your taste buds with exotic flavors and gastronomical delights inspired by Mediterranean cuisine.
- L’Opera: Set right in the heart of the bustling and flashy harbor of Saint-Tropez, L’Opera is the perfect spot to see and be seen. Glossy white tables, plush white leather sofas, crystal and gold accents ooze Saint Tropez chic. You will dine on Mediterranean and Provincial inspired cuisine while being entertained by dancers who perform on tables!
- La Forge: La Forge is set in the sleepy town of Ramatuelle, just a short drive from downtown Saint -Tropez. This hidden gem will leave you wishing your meal would never end. The rustic Italian interior warmly welcomes you with exposed wood beams and white washed walls. Even though you are in France, you will swear you are dining in Italy. If you are feeling adventurous, ask to try the chef’s tasting menu, it is heavenly!