Grab your popcorn and a blanket and get ready for movie night under the stars, as Union Market's drive-in movies are back for the eighth season. The first Friday of every month from May 3 through October 4 a flick ranging from Netflix favorites like Coco to throwbacks like Jaws and A League of their Own will be projected onto Union Market's parking lot wall.
The good news for the many Washingtonians living a car-free life is that walk-ups who wish to view the movie from the picnic area are FREE, while movie viewers with cars will pay $15 (one fee covers everyone in the car). All movies kick off around sunset, but get there early to snag primo seats, and enjoy some pre-show activities. The DC Rollergirls will also be wheeling around to serve snacks and beverages. See the full schedule below.
Union Market 2019 Drive-in Series Schedule
- Friday May 3rd: Dazed and Confused -- The adventures of high school and junior high students on the last day of school in May 1976.
Rated R | 1h 45min | Film begins 8:30 p.m.
- Friday June 7th: Con Air --A newly paroled ex-con and former U.S. Ranger finds himself trapped in a prisoner transport plane when the passengers seize control.
Rated R | 1h 55min | Film begins 8:45 p.m.
- Friday July 5th: A League of Their Own --Two sisters join the first female professional baseball league and struggle to help it succeed amidst their own growing rivalry.
Rated PG |2h 8min | Film begins 8:55 p.m.
- Friday August 2nd: Jaws -- When a killer shark unleashes chaos on a beach resort, it’s up to a local sheriff, a marine biologist, and an old seafarer to hunt the beast down.
Rated PG-13 | 2h 4min | Film begins 8:45 p.m.
- Friday September 6th: Coco -- Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
Rated PG | 1h 45min | Film begins 8:00 p.m.
- Friday October 4th: The Wiz -- When Harlem schoolteacher Dorothy tries to save her dog from a storm, she’s miraculously whisked away to an urban fantasy land called Oz.
Rated G | 2h 14min | Film begins 8:15 p.m.